Wednesday, May 11, 2016

Reflection

     Throughout this blog, I have posted links to the articles I thought were really useful and the links to their preferred qr code makers. Although I started the process trying to ascertain whether qr codes were an applicable and easy way to incorporate technology into the classroom, I was surprised by what I learned. Websites that have qr code makers are incredibly simple to use and free! I assumed that you would have to purchase software or copyright licenses to be able to use them.

    The applications for qr codes in the classroom are numerous and can provide so many opportunities for differentiation for an inclusion classroom or for ell students. If ELL students have a smart phone, they can quickly look up background information or explanations for vocabulary that they may not know. ELL students who are able to discreetly look up information may feel less embarrassed and more empowered then if they had to ask in front of the class.

  I was reminded by, This American Life how teenagers view their importance and place in life often by how their established second life through social media portrays them. If using qr codes helps them establish a writing fellowship, boosts their self confidence, it can only lead to higher engagement.

No comments:

Post a Comment